How long does a personal injury claim take?
The amount of time that it takes to process your claim following a personal injury will vastly depend on the particular details of your case. We assure all clients that we understand a swift resolution is usually desired, and that we work tirelessly to cement your award as quickly as possible. We find that liable parties are often just as keen to complete on compensation claims, and so we work to reach a conclusion with focus and assertiveness at all times.
To make a successful claim, your solicitor will need to demonstrate that you have been at a loss because of the liability of another person. To do this, we work closely together to build up a case to prove who was responsible for your injury, the extent of the damage caused to you and the implications that this has and will have on your life.
The ways in which you can help speed up the processing time of your case include:
- Providing contact information for any witnesses, doctors or treatment providers
- Providing copies of any accident reports or emergency services reports if you have them
- Forward copies of any correspondence that you have received from the liable party or related associates
- Keep copies of any relevant receipts, prescription costs and travel costs related to your injury and recovery
- Be as thorough as possible in your account of events as this enables your solicitor to quickly build up an understanding and foundation to your claim.
Gathering evidence and sourcing witnesses, reports and proof of the impact on your life can take some time. In order to speed this process up, we ask that you provide as much information as possible, including contact information for those present at the time of your injury. Once we have built your case, we begin negotiating with the liable party to achieve the maximum amount of compensation possible on your behalf. The greater their responsibility and the more significant your injury and symptoms are, the more compensation you are likely to be awarded.
If you have been injured in an accident that wasn’t your fault, and you would like to find out if you are entitled to make a claim, contact us today for a free case assessment. An experienced personal injury solicitor will be able to discuss the circumstances of your accident and the injury you have suffered to determine if you have a valid case. During your free consultation, you will also be able to ask any questions you may have about the claims process, including how long the case is likely to take to complete.